The first time you use your SearMagic Grids we suggest turning your grill on high and burning for 10-15 minutes to burn off any of the manufacturing oils that may be present on your grids.
SearMagic grids have been designed to replace the traditional grill grates in your grill. If you are replacing grids, please measure to make sure you are installing the correct size grids for your grill. If your purchased your grill with SearMagic grids, simply drop in the grids and get ready to grill!
SEASONING YOUR GRIDS
- The first few time you use your SearMagic Grids use an oil with a high smoke point of 400˚F or higher on a paper towel or rag and coat the top raised rails on your SearMagic grids. This process will help to season your grids.
- Once your grids have been properly seasoned, you can discontinue the use of oil before grilling. Continuous use can create a build-up and cause sticking.
- There is no need to season the channels of your SearMagic grids with oil because these will get plenty of seasoning over time just by using them.
- Avoid over-cleaning when you first start using your SearMagic grids to allow for proper seasoning.
- Always oil your food before seasoning and grilling for best results
- SearMagic Grids are not coated and are not considered nonstick. There are made of durable anodized aluminum and have a corrosive-resistant finish.
IMPORTANT: Over time, it is normal for color change (black to bronze) to occur on these aluminum grids.