Grilled Jalapeño Poppers are a classic appetizer. Perfect for parties and tailgating. While there are many ways to make poppers…this is our favorite version.
Make Grilling Jalapeño Poppers Even Easier!
MHP offers a stainless steel Jalapeño Popper Tray (JPT) that can be used when making poppers on the grill.
Grilled Jalapeño Poppers
- 12 Fresh Jalapeños
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 6 oz Crab Meat
- 1 pound Bacon Regular Thickness
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill to 375-400 degrees using only one burner on your grill. You will grill the poppers on the side on the grill that does not have flames under the grates (indirect heat). This will help prevent flare-ups caused by the grease dripping off the bacon.* NOTE: Never place food above an unlit infrared burner!
- Combine cream cheese and crab meat in a bowl. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Cut stems off the Jalapeños. Slice each Jalapeno in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. You may want to wear plastic gloves when doing this part.
- Fill each jalapeño half with cream cheese/crab meat mixture (approximately 1 tablespoon per popper)
- Cut bacon slices in half (length-wise)
- Wrap each cheese stuffed jalapeño with a bacon slice. If you are struggling to keep the bacon wrapped, use toothpicks or put on skewer if needed.
- Place poppers on the side of the grill that does not have flame under the grates. Grill 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crisp and cheese is hot.